May 26, 2016
Usually you do not have to do anything when AGEA change instrument name, but if you trade with EA or other automatic trading system, you may need to setup a suffix for the instrument, for how to setup it, please refer to EA / automatic trading system's help document.
If you can not find answer in FAQ below to your questions, please contact us through Live Support or send us emails at firstname.lastname@example.org;
Q: Do I need to close open positions when you change instrument name?
A: No, you do not need to do anything.
Q: Will you change all positions' instrument name including closed history positions?
A: We will only change open positions' instrument name to new one, we will not change closed positions'.
Q: Do I need to change my EA settings?
A: Refer to your EA help to see if it is necessary to change your EA settings, usually EA provides a Symbol Map function, check that part in help file.
Q: What else will you change for non-swaps account?
A: Only instrument name.
June 15, 2012
How to choose a forex broker?
With almost a $4 trillion average daily turnover in the global foreign exchange market and many technical and fundamental techniques to help you predict the market, forex is a great way to make money in the comfort of your own home.
But with hundreds of forex brokers out there how to you know which one to choose? Here are some key points you should consider:
MT4 and Streamster
Trade on mobile,
However if you are new to trading then a simplified platform may be more useful. AGEA provides an excellent platform, Streamster. Like MT4, Streamster beside forex offers many CFDs (indexes, commodities) but has the advantage of being more user friendly, requires no deposit (some company require thousands of dollars in deposits to use MT4) and you get a $5 reward to trade with immediately.
Furthermore, you can trade using your android phone or tablet PC!
No deposit and
Deposits (Investment needed)
At AGEA, however, you can open an MT4 account from as little as $10! There are three different levels of accounts; even the top account – Standard – requires only a $100 deposit. And remember Streamster requires no deposit!
Forex brokers generally only charge commission on Straight-Through-Processing (STP) accounts. This is where your trade is passed onto another broker and the introducing broker just receives a commission.
However on other accounts (such as AGEA’s Streamster, MT4 Cent and MT4 Standard) no commissions are charged. One of the key areas, therefore, that differentiates brokers is the spreads. Spreads are the different between the bid and ask price of an instrument. Let say you buy an instrument and sell at exactly the same ask price, you would still make a small loss as the broker will make the bid price slightly lower than the ask price.
AGEA has institution-level low spreads on MT4 because we do not add any commission or mark-ups to the prime brokerage rates, and we choose the brokerage with the lowest spreads.
Win $100 trading
AGEA runs a competition which rewards the trader who makes the highest virtual profit on the virtual Streamster desk. The reward is $100 and can be used to trade on your live desk or withdrawn.
All traders receive $5 when they open an account with AGEA to trade on the live desk, so again you could make money without investing any!
AGEA offers a multitude of platform accounts, learning tools, and full time support all at institutionally low prices!
New to forex? Learn more at extra.agea.com
June 11, 2012
- You need to ensure you have the software
- And you need to have an appropriate Live account – Cent, Standard, or STP
- 1. Login to your account
- 2. Go to “Services” at the top right hand corner of any page on the AGEA site.
- 3. Click “Downloads” in the left hand column of the Services page
4. Go down the page to the MetaTrader4 section and within the highlight box click “MetaTrader 4 Platform Services”
5. A box will pop up – Click “Save File”. It will be Saved into your downloads as ‘Agea-mt4-platform.exe”
6. Find the saved file and double click it.
7. A pop-up box will appear – Click “Run”.
8. The Agea Agreement will come up, click “Next”.
9. You will then see where the program will be saved, and can select whether you want a shortcut made and the program to open after installation. Click “Next”.
- 10. The program will be downloaded, click “Finish” and you are done!
- 1. Go to your “Account Center” (this can be accessed by clicking the button in the top right side of any AGEA page).
- 2. Click “Platforms” > “MetaTrader” > MT4 Cabinet
- 3. On the page “MetaTrader 4 Cabinet”, click “Add a new account on the MetaTrader 4 Platform” which is at the bottom of the page
- 4. Choose which account type you want: Cent, Standard or STP, and your primary currency, and then click “Add Account”.
- Cent - $10
- Standard - $100
- STP - $1000
As long as you have the required deposit, the account will now be added.
- 5. A message will come up requesting you to enter a new password for your MT4 account.
Note: The “Master Password” is the password you use for Streamster.
If you do not add your password at this point, or want to change it at a later point, you can find this option at: “Account Center” > “Platforms” > “MetaTrader” > “MT4 Cabinet” . Then in the “Services” dropdown menu select “Change Password”.
Now you will have your Account ID (which can be found again in the MT4 Cabinet if needed) and your password.
- 6. Open your MT4 Software. Your Demo Account will automatically be displayed
- 7. To change to the Live Account – Go to “File” > “Login”
- 8. Enter your “Account ID” in the “Login” box, and your new password in the “Password” box.
The change the Server from “AGEA-Demo” to ‘AGEA-Live”.
- 9. Now you can start trading live on MT4. Remember to transfer funds into your MT4 account at “Account Center” > “Funds” > “Transfer Funds”.